VAT and indirect taxes can be an extremely complex area. You just have to look at the Jaffa Cake case to see how an item so simple can cause so much stir.
At Certax, we offer advice in all sectors ranging from Construction to healthcare to finance. From refund schemes to VAT-groups, we can aim to make VAT much less of a burden than it seems.
VAT can seem like it spirals out of control, but simple action points can significantly boost the profits and cash flow within your business;
- Set up a VAT savings account
- When a customer pays, transfer up to 20% of that payment into the savings account
- At the end of the VAT quarter, you will have more than enough to pay your VAT bill
- Use the same process as above but pay the VAT direct to HMRC on a weekly or monthly basis (via annual accounting scheme or the standard scheme)
- Use a cloud accounting platform such as Xero, Quickbooks or Sage
- Monitor cash flow, debtors and creditors
- Don’t pay yourself more than a set amount
If your business is undergoing a VAT investigation, then we can help by providing you will assistance through this stressful time.
Continuous communication is key to a successful outcome, so we strive to ensure a case is closed as quickly as possible to reduce the possibility of penalties and determinations.
Whatever the circumstances, we can work with you to achieve the best outcome from the situation.